THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND DATA ANALYTICS (AIDA) LAB
The Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics (AIDA) Lab is the first interdisciplinary lab at Prince Sultan University (PSU). The lab mainly focuses on the study and development of advanced AI & Data Science theories, novel algorithms and techniques in the fields of medical informatics, document information security, text mining, NLP, smart healthcare applications, IoT and security etc. The AIDA lab also fosters its activities to align with national priorities, particularly the 2020 National Transformation Plan, Saudi Vision 2030 and SDGs 20230. In particular, with a strategic vision for the future, AIDA is working on emerging topics to address real-time industry and society challenges.
- To be recognized as the premier interdisciplinary Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics research lab in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia forging a better community by synergizing academia, industry, and talent.
- Deliver the high quality, industry-responsive research findings, and services aligned with Vision 2030 to enhance the visibility of Prince Sultan University.
- Provide an interactive and collaborative platform for researchers, educational organizations and industry partners.
- Support the vision and mission of Prince Sultan University by promoting interdisciplinary research through incorporating international academic and industrial partnerships.
- To empower the women in STEM by providing a strong platform.
To conduct and publish cutting edge high-quality research in the focused areas of data science, AI, and machine learning.
- To inculcate the enhanced knowledge of AI and data science research findings in the target sectors of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- To enhance collaboration among researchers in the field of AI and data science nationally and internationally.
- Promote scientific interdisciplinary research in AI and data science domain at Prince Sultan University to enhance quality research output in terms of quantity and quality.
- Offer rich training, workshops and mentoring opportunities for students, faculty members and the community.
- To offer research-based consultations (e.g., talks, training, etc.) to relevant institutions.